San Joaquin Sheriff’s Department

Department Information

San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office
7000 Michael Canlis Blvd.
French Camp, CA 95231

Phone: 209-468-4445

The Sheriff’s Department in San Joaquin County has been in existence since 1849. The department is divided into three branches: the Custody Division, Operations Division, and Administrative Services. The Patrol Division is a part of the Operations Division. They are organized to provide Emergency First Response, investigation of reported crimes, specialized police services and help residents in creating safe neighborhoods. Along with patrol services, the Department has Bike Patrols, an Explosive Ordinance Detail, K-9 unit, SWAT and Hostage Negotiation Team, and a Boating Safety Unit.

In the unincorporated county, there are 124 uniformed deputies that provide patrol services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are divided into eight patrol teams, with four teams being on duty everyday. The entire county is divided up into eight geographical areas (beats). The deputies also act as deputy coroners, responding to unattended deaths in the county and city. They investigate the death to determine if foul play was a factor and provide helpful information to the medical examiner who will determine the cause of death.

The Department also has a Safe Neighborhood Team, staffed by one sergeant and three deputies. They work with patrol officers with hard-to-solve neighborhood issues that require long term police action.

The Sheriff’s Department focuses heavily on a program of Community Oriented Policing. Part of this is the Community Revitalization and Abatement Team. This consists of one sergeant, up to five deputy sheriff’s and one civilian crime prevention officer. If a community is experiencing social or economic decline because of criminal activity, it can turn to this unit for help.

Another part of Community Policing in San Joaquin is the S.T.A.R.S. Volunteer Program. This is a group of volunteers who assist patrol deputies with some of the mundane tasks that the public wanted but could not provide. The program started in 1991 and currently has 375 volunteers whose ages range from 50 to 92. Around 55% of the volunteers are women and the other 45% are men. Volunteers go through a 40-hour training program in order to take part in the 87 different jobs. These seniors are the extra eyes and ears of the Patrol Division and report any observed criminal activities directly to the deputies. Approximately 33 other states and four foreign countries have set up their own version of the S.T.A.R.S. Program.

The  Department also has a Custody Division that is responsible for the inmates housed in the San Joaquin County Jail. It is their goal to provide safe, secure and humane housing for pre-sentenced and sentenced inmates. Programs and services are provided to influence positive behavior with the intention of making inmates better able to return to the community in equal or better condition, both physically and mentally.

San Joaquin Bondsman

When you get the news that a friend or family member has been arrested in San Joaquin, you want to work quickly so that they can be released in as little time as possible. It can be hard, though, to know who to turn to in this time of need. Tonya Page Bail Bonds is a fully-licensed team of bail bondsmen, ready to help you through this difficult situation. We know how frustrating the bail bonds process can be for anyone who doesn’t work with it on a daily basis, the way we do.

When you call us at 1-877-861-3761, one of our caring, professional agents will be able to answer any questions you have about obtaining a bail bond for San Joaquin County. We can make completing the paperwork easier for you by getting it done over the phone when you call, through fax or email, or an agent would be happy to meet you at your home or work.

We also know that paying for a bail bond just isn’t in everyone’s budget. That is why we are pleased to accept payments with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card. We often offer no-collateral bail bonds and, in many cases, we can work out a payment plan for those who need one.

It’s important that you act quickly so that we can post bail for your loved one right away. We can post a bond to the San Joaquin County Jail 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. Call us at 1-877-861-3761 and we can get the process started.


More San Joaquin Bail Bonds Information

Updated: 04/27/2011