Theo Lacy Jail is one of Orange County’s main jails. It is often used as overflow from the county’s Central Jail Complex.
Theo Lacy Jail Visiting
- Visitors may park in the North parking structure located across from the Juvenile Courthouse and next to UCI Medical.
- Hours: Friday – Sunday, 8:00AM – 6:00PM. Last check in at 5:30PM.
- Visitors must provide proof of identity in a form of a picture ID
- Each visit lasts a minimum of 30 minutes but can be extended to 60 minutes whenever possible.
- Each inmate is allowed one visit per day
- Two adults and one child under five may visit. Children must be under parental supervision at all times.
- A minor may visit without an adult if they are a direct blood relative of the inmate.
- No food, drinks, candy, gum, cigarettes, matches, lighters, pepper spray, weapons or anything deemed inappropriate are allowed.
- An inmate may only sign documents after receiving permission from the visiting staff.
- Visitors under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed in and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors shall proceed to their assigned seat and remain there until the inmate arrives.
- Clothing that is derogatory, offensive, revealing, or deemed inappropriate by the visiting staff will not be allowed.
- Cellular telephones must be turned off inside the jail facility. Cameras and camera phones are also prohibited.
- A visitor whose conduct is disruptive, offensive or in any way not conductive to orderly conduct will be told to leave or will be subject to arrest.