Why To Seek The Help Of A Bail Bondsman
If you have learned that someone you care for has been arrested, your first thought will likely involve bailing them out of jail. Most people have never found themselves in this situation before and it is not uncommon for people to have a number of questions about how bail works and whether they’re required to work with an expert bail bondsman.
Bail AdvantagesThere are a number of advantages when it comes to working with a bail bonds company.
- Cost: If your loved one’s bail has been set at $20,000 you will have two options in terms of getting them released from custody. The first would be to post $20,000 at the jail, in the form of cash or a cashier’s check. That money will eventually be refunded, less administrative fees, if the defendant appears for all their mandated court dates. A second option is to seek out the assistance of a bail bondsman. Bondsmen charge a non-refundable fee equal to 10% of the total amount of a person’s bail to post something called a bail bond. The bond serves as a promise that the defendant will appear in court, when required, or the full amount of their bail will become due. Most people do not have large amounts of cash they can part with for months on end which is why working with a bail bonds company can be advantageous.
- Ease: Working with an expert bail bondsman can save both time and money. Bail agents are experts in their field and know what needs to be done in order to get a defendant released from jail fast. You may even be able to arrange for the purchase of a bail bond via phone and fax. This can be extremely helpful if you receive the call for help late at night or while you’re at your place of work.
- To Allow The Defendant To Better Prepare Their Case: After someone is released from custody they will have an easier time seeking out the assistance of a criminal defense attorney. Statistics have shown that defendants who work with a criminal defense attorney have a 50/50 chance of having their charges lowered or reduced. In some instances the attorney may be able to have them dropped altogether.
- Bail Bondsmen Save Taxpayer Dollars: The State of California spends billions of dollars every year to incarcerate both pre and post-trial defendants. When you help bail someone out of jail before their trial you are also helping save taxpayer dollars.
Learning someone you know has been arrested can be a stressful situation which is why working with someone who is an expert in the field of bail bonds can be helpful. Make sure the bail bonds company you work with takes the time to answer any questions you might have about how bail works and how long you should expect the process to take.
Free Bail Bond Information, Anytime
- Tonya Page in Bondsman & Owner