Mendocino County Jail
Anyone arrested in Mendocino County will be taken to the Mendocino County Jail for booking. The booking process will include photographs and fingerprinting, as well as a background check and warrant search. They will also be searched for drugs and weapons. All personal belongings will be collected and stored until their release.
A bail amount will usually be determined at the time of booking or during an arraignment by the judge. Once bail has been set, the defendant will have the option to post bail.
VISITING: Call 707-463-6330 for a current visiting schedule.
MONEY & PROPERTY:
- Money may be sent to an inmate and may be arranged over the internet at www.ezmoneyload.com. Any monies sent through the mail will not be accepted.
- Money can be deposited via the money kiosk in the jail lobby. The money kiosk is available 24 hours a day. It may take up to 72 hours to process when using the kiosk.
- Money must be deposited on an inmate’s account prior to Monday at 8:00 AM in order for the inmate to have access to the money for Commissary that Thursday.
- Money may be released to a person outside the jail from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday. This person must show proof of identification. Inmate cash balances will not be given out to any person.
- Property for any inmate will not be accepted.
- Inmates may release all property except clothing.
- Inmates sentenced to state prison only, may release ALL of their property.
- Court clothing must be arranged through the Facility supervisor or through the inmate’s attorney.
MAIL & TELEPHONES:
Mendocino County Corrections Facility
951 Low Gap Rd.
Ukiah CA 95482.
(If you know the inmate’s “A” number and housing location write it on all correspondence.)
- Any mail containing Polaroid photographs, photographs larger than normal 35mm photos, pornographic materials, envelopes, stamps or stickers will not be accepted.
- All Books, newspapers, and magazines must be directly from the publisher or retailer.
- Soft cover books only. Hard cover books will not be accepted.
- All mail must be sent via U.S. Postal Service.
- Mail will not be forwarded upon the release of an inmate.
- We do not take messages for inmates and we do not pass messages to inmates, unless is it an emergency.
- Inmates are given telephone access between 9:00 AM and 11:00 PM., except when they are locked down.
- All outgoing calls are debit calls or collect calls, with the exception of calls made to designated organizations and/or local calls made during booking, these calls are free of charge.
- Call Public Communications Services at 1-888-288-9879 if you have any questions about your phone bill or wish to block or unblock your number.