Rountree Medium Facility
90 Rountree Lane
Watsonville, CA. 95076
The Rountree Detention Center has two jail facilities (a medium facility and minimum facility), located in southern Santa Cruz County. Both facilities house inmates convicted and sentenced for up to one year in jail.
The medium security facility houses inmates who require incarceration and/or segregation from other inmates and those with court cases pending.
The minimum security facility houses inmates who do not have a high level of criminal sophistication and those who do not pose a threat to other inmates. They may also qualify for the Work Furlough program.
Once a bond has been posted, release can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours or more, depending upon their individual situation. We can post a bond 24 hours a day.
Rules for Visiting Rountree Medium Facility:
If you are planning to visit an inmate, you must be approved in advance by calling between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. the day before the desired visit to schedule an appointment.
All visitors must arrive and register 15 minutes prior to their scheduled visit to avoid any cancellation.
- Visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Visiting hours are 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Inmates can have two 1-hour visits per week (Monday through Saturday).
- Visits may include 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 minors.
- Adult visitors must present a valid photo ID (i.e. Drivers License, Passport, Matricula).
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany all visitors under the age of 18.
- Attire which is revealing, offensive, gang related or distracting to others will not be allowed. All visitors must be appropriately dressed. Shoes and shirts are required.
- Visitors cannot bring any food, tobacco or personal property into the jail. This includes cell phones, purses, pagers.
- Lockers for personal belongings are available for .25 cents.
- Visitors who cancel or miss a total of 3 visits will be banned from visiting for 30 days.