LAPD Metropolitan Detention Center Jail
Newly opened in early 2011, the LAPD Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) has replaced the now closed Parker Center Jail in downtown Los Angeles. Located right off of Highway 101, across from Union Station, the new 512-bed Metro Center Jail in Los Angeles is approximately 179,000 square feet. It is a Type I detention facility which can hold people for no more than 96 hours.
The new Metro Center Jail is co-located with the Police Administration Building and has a ‘campus setting design’ plan. MDC is the Los Angeles Police Department’s largest jail.
Visiting Regulations for the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) Jail:
Visiting Hours at MDC are 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Arrestees may have one visit a day by a friend or family member during established visiting hours.
- An attorney, bail bondsperson, or member of the clergy may visit anytime.
- All visitors age 18 and over will be required to provide picture identification before being allowed to enter the visiting room.
- Approved identification include a valid driver’s license, State identification card, military identification, passport or U.S. Immigration identification card.
- Lockers are available in the front lobby for the storing of any personal articles not allowed in the visiting room.
- All visitors must be dressed appropriately.