Those who are arrested by the Imperial County Sheriff will be taken to one of the Imperial County Jails. Male detainees are taken to Herbert Hughes Correctional Center located on Applestill Road in El Centro.
Women detainees are taken to the Regional Adult Detention Facility directly adjacent. It could take 4 to 6 hours before a detainee is released once a bond has been posted. This time may vary depending on the work load of the jail operations staff.
Jail Visiting Rules
Should you decide to visit an inmate at the Imperial County jail, it is best to review all jail rules and regulations prior to your visit.
- No more than 2 persons at a time may visit an inmate.
- Each visit will be 30 minutes long.
- Visitors 18 or older must have picture ID or official government card.
- Minors under the age of 18 will not be permitted without parent or guardian.
- No food, drinks or smoking in visitation area.
- Appropriate attire is required. No see through or revealing garmnents will be permitted.
- You may not visit if you are on probation, have been confined in a penal institution in the past 6 months or have participated in escapes or assaults on staff.