Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility
1627 S. Hargrave Street
Banning, CA 92220
Bail Bonds for Banning Jail
The Smith Correctional Facility in Banning is run by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.
General Visiting Information
If you are considering visiting someone at the Banning jail, no appointment is necessary. However, visitors must arrive thirty minutes prior to the scheduled visit time for check-in. Two people will be allowed to visit with an inmate; children and infants are also counted. A convenient parking lot is available just west of the main gate.
- People entering the Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility to visit an inmate must present acceptable picture identification. (this includes all forms of government identification cards).
- Anyone visiting inmates are subject to a search of their person and belongings by correctional staff and are subject to warrant checks and arrest.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older to visit. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Visitors will only be allowed to visit with the inmate they signed up to visit. You may not change or trade inmates with another visitor. Once a visitor departs the visitation area, the visit with the inmate will be terminated.
- Public restrooms are available.
- Visitors must dress in appropriate attire. Visitors who fail to comply with the dress code will be denied their visit. Visitors’ clothing must not refer to gang affiliation, display sexual or lewd comments or pictures, or have the potential for being offensive to others. Clothing must cover the upper torso and lower/mid body parts. Skirts must be at least to mid-thigh length.
- Any visitor who commits a criminal act anywhere on jail property is subject to arrest.
- Violation of any of these rules by a visitor may subject their loss of visiting privileges.